Sunday 6 July 2008

don't bring me close, i stink like a pub

HI

Good to have Eliza on board!

Pete- yes I think we should have a deadline for deciding the concept/theme/inspiration/raison d'etre. Is the first week of august too soon?

Am I right in thinking everyone wants to work along the lines of creating two different environments, one upstairs one downstairs and that those environments will be loosely based on the idea of opposites? Wether it's the two sides of a personality, above and below, freedom and captivity (Jordan's jailhouse thing-loving it) or dark and light?

If we decide that this is what we want to do then we can all start making work based on our own opposites ideas and how we could go about creating "an environment" and post it on the blog and really start discussing how we could go about making our work and designing the spaces.

On the other hand if everyone isn't happy approaching the exhibition this way, then i think speak now or forever hold your peace.

If we want to make the spaces really exciting and something other than just frames and blu tack and all that, then we really have to go for it, because half arsed environment making is the worst.

IN TERMS OF STUFF YOU DONT WANT OTHER PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU:
When I know Im going to have a conversation with someone, or if there's something funny I thought of that I want to tell people, I practise how I'm going to say it, out loud when I'm walking down the street. I don't do the other person's voice, I just leave a pause for when I imagine they would be talking.





flo.

No comments: